Thursday, September 17, 2009

Slowly but Surely



Okay, so I'm not keeping up with the blog as much as I would like. But hey, I'm doing better than Aunt Tanya right?

So Mason's 3 month checkup went really well, he was 12 pounds and 24 inches. Still on the small side, but the doctor doesn't seem concerned. I think she said he's in the 10th percentile for weight, but 50th for length. He's long and skinny. But hey, like she said, it's not a race, it's just a scale to show how he's growing. Someone has to be the smallest. Lol.











Also, Mason attended his first Saints game, Sunday against the Detroit Lions. He did really really well. We bought some Remington shooting earmuffs and placed Saints Fleur de Lis stickers over the logo, and he slept soundly for 2 hours!!! He doesn't do that at home. I guess it was because he was a snuggled up womb-like in his snugli. When he was awake he would flash a few smiles at the ladies. He's such a flirt. He even made the news. I uploaded a few pictures fromt he game on a local news sight, and that day it was broadcast on the local news. My baby's a star. lol.


Next adventure for Mason, his first plane ride. We're flying to Nebraska next week to visit my sister Kerrie and Mason's little cousins. I don't fly often, so I get really nervous the weeks leading up to it. But once I'm on the plane, I'm usually fine. Hopefully my "system" works out though. I plan on carrying him on the front in his snugli while wearing a backpack diaper bag. Won't that look silly?

9 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how cute! Love the Saints hat, earmuffs & shirt. We wish we could go to a saints game! I hate to say it but I am 35 & still haven't been to my first Saints game. Just watch them on TV when we can find the game. I need to have Bryan take me to a game. Thanks for the pictures, they are awesome. And yes, I think you are beating Tanya when it comes to updating your blog. What can I say, I need to update mine too.
LOL

Kristine said...

Well, Heather. It's about time you went to you first Saints Game. Tell Bryan to bring you down here so you can go. I'll watch the kids or you could bring them along :)

Tanya said...

Cute pics! I love what you did with the ear muffs! You are so creative. By the way, just in case anyone is wondering Blog posts for 2009- Tanya 5, Noelle 2. So who is doing better than who? I am actually glad you posted. It inspires me. :)

Heather said...

I did tell Bryan last night that I wanted him to take me to a game. He has 2 jerseys, so I could just borrow one of his.
Tell Tanya we want to see pictures of her new house.

Kristine said...

Heather, we have season tickets, and Ryan keeps getting alerts asking if he wants to buy more tickets. If you're interested in coming down one weekend for a game, let us know and he'll try to get tickets for you.

amee sorensen said...

Ummm...Tanya, that sounds like a challenge! Love the statistics though! (Tanya, ,just give me your password and I'll post some pics of your kids...LOL)
But for the record Noelle and Tanya....I'm NOT on any ONE side here. ;)

But I LOVE these pics! I have a famous great-nephew who made it on TV! YAY! I just adore the pic of Mason looking at Ryan. That's too cute.

And Heather - you have to go! To a Saints game that is. They are so fun. And they are doing so good! BTW how's the 'Saints room for watching the games! I want to go to your house and watch a game! (AND I can't get on your blog. And I don't have your email - so I hope you get this. I need an invite. I think I'm cool enough to join!) lol

amee sorensen said...

Oh and one more thing Kristine! I LOVE your header pic! Just LOVE it.

April Hardy said...

How did I miss this post? I love it! You are such a good mommy! Good luck on your flight. The younger they are the easier it is! Love the blog.

Tina said...

Mason looks adorable with those huge earmuffs..I love it